Job Purpose and Summary:
Drywall Finisher are Diversified Builders front line employees and as such, must work in a safe and professional manner at all times. Responsible for installation of assigned tasks including but not limited trims, caulking, taping, filling and sanding. Success will be demonstrated by meeting or exceeding standards safety, quality and production for assigned tasks. Typically works with a partner to complete task
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand DBI and Job Site safe work practices and consistently applies that knowledge
- Completes all work in an area and reports to Field Lead/Foreman if they are unable to complete work in an area
- Plans work to ensure efficient movement through the job
- Maintains and prevents loss of company tools and equipment assigned or checked out to individual
- Excellent Attendance is expected and required for the position (98% or better)
- Inspects tools and equipment on a daily basis to ensure safe and proper operation
- Maintains a clean work environment. IF YOU CAN LEAN, YOU CAN CLEAN.
- Knowledge and practical application of simple math including addition, subtraction multiplication, and division including fractions
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Possesses tools required for job including tool belt, tape measure, cordless impact, snips, clamps, plumb laser, bubble levels
- Knowledge and practical application of construction materials, tools and methods.
- Ability and desire to work with others in a safe and productive manner.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive field experience and/or completion of apprentice program/training
- Basic Construction Safety with emphasis on fall hazards and protection, safe scaffold and ladder use, electrical hazard, and silica
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Works with hand and power tools on a regular basis
- Standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting in excess of 100 lbs on occasions, in excess 80 pounds on a semi-regular basis, and in excess of 50 lbs regularly.
- Pushing, pulling in excess of 20 lbs frequently
- Reaching above shoulder height and at shoulder height with varying weights up to 80 lbs on a regular basis.
- Standing, kneeling, climbing, walking, and bending on a constant basis
- Climbing ladders and scaffolds of various heights on a regular basis
- Position: Regular, Full-time
- Payroll Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervises Others: No (individual contributor)
- Reports to: Field Lead or Foreman
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form to the right and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your interest in Diversified Services.