Job Purpose and Summary:
Responsible for the safety, quality, cost, and schedule of the assigned crew or work area, project or scope within a project. Lead Carpenter position works with their tools alongside their teams and leads by example to improve overall performance. Assist craft employees in improving their safety knowledge and production efficiency. Working with Foreman or Project Manager, plans and directs the flow of work including material and manpower. Holds employees accountable for all elements of job performance including safety, quality, production, attendance, and workplace behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses Job Hazard Analysis with teams to assess safety concerns before work begins
- Performs Layout as required
- Reviews and tracks production and quality of work regularly, provides input to PM or Foreman
- Communicates clearly and consistently to keep all team members informed of relevant information
- Works with PM or Sr. Foreman to review project schedules weekly or more often and plans manpower and materials accordingly
- Reviews and understands construction drawings; take off of materials for planning and ordering purposes
- Documents daily activities of assigned crews on a log, identifying work put in place, delays, safety and/or quality issues, etc.
- Works with Foreman and/or PM to write and review RFI’s and identify cost impacts.
- Tracking and maintaining time records including sign-in sheets and time cards for the crew. Separate sign-in sheets for all subs.
- Maintains and prevents loss of company tools and equipment
- Receives incoming materials, checks for damage and delivered quantity vs. shipping tickets, makes notes, signs, and returns shipping labels to the office.
- Maintains and prevents loss of company tools and equipment assigned or checked out to individual
- Excellent Attendance is expected and required for the position (98% or better)
- Experience with construction operations with an emphasis on drywall, framing, and finishing operations.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, contracts, and schedules.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to lead and manage others.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive field experience
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety Class
• Competent Person training for scaffolding, fall protection, silica, Flagging/rigging, CPR
- Comfortable using technology including IPADS, file sharing, emails, wireless connections, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Will be required to work with tools and crews on smaller projects
- Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Computer work, using eyesight and fingers.
- Lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs may be required occasionally.
- Upholding all safety rules, including wearing protective footwear, eyewear, gloves, and hard hats, as required.
- Position: Regular, Full-time
- Payroll Status: Exempt
- Supervises Others: No (individual contributor)
- Reports to: COO
Apply for this position
Please fill out the form to the right and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your interest in Diversified Services.